Hormel Foods Corporation Industrial Maintenance Electrician - Fremont, NE in Fremont, Nebraska
How To Apply
Apply at www.hormeljob.com or apply on a computer at the Fremont Plant Security Guard Building located at 900 South Platte Avenue in Fremont, NE 68025
Hormel Foods has an opening for an experienced Industrial Maintenance Electrician. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Fremont, Nebraska and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Vacancies are typically on 2nd or 3rd shift with opportunities for overtime. Weekend work is required. Specific schedules will be discussed during the interview process. The Fremont Plant specializes in the production of SPAM and processes 10,600 hogs per day.
· Follow safe working procedures in accordance with the safety policies of Hormel Foods.
· Follow food safety procedures in accordance with the food safety policies of Hormel Foods.
· Perform proactive and reactive maintenance on all production equipment, buildings, and grounds.
· Use knowledge and skill to produce equipment and modify existing equipment to meet the needs of the production teams.
· Perform the necessary work with a minimum of direct supervision to identify and solve problems.
· Use communication skills to keep Supervisors, Maintenance Engineers, and fellow team members informed of their progress.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
· The willingness & ability to drive a forklift consistent with company standards.
· The ability to use a computer to complete job related tasks.
· The ability to perform repetitive hand & wrist motion throughout a shift.
· The ability to lift/push/pull 50+lbs as required throughout the course of a shift.
· The ability to twist and bend the body as necessary to perform job related tasks.
· The ability to kneel/squat/climb as necessary to complete job related tasks.
· The ability to perform grasping & pinching motions to complete job related tasks.
· Applies industrial electrical maintenance skills, experience and knowledge to install, maintain and repair a wide variety of equipment.
· Uses expertise for diagnosis and troubleshooting
· Recommends, develops, and implements modifications and systems to improve equipment operations.
· Provides preventative and cost efficient repairs.
· 18 Years of age or older.
· Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
· Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting).
· Ability to utilize product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
· Ability to utilize schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
· Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) standards.
· Working knowledge of single and 3-phase power and control circuits.
· Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).· Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
· Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotics motors, in-coders, etc.).
Wages start at $25.50 per hour.
- Refrigerated & Hot environment - temperatures average 40 degrees Fahrenheit