Hormel Foods Corporation 1st Shift Hog Processing Production Professional in Fremont, Nebraska
How To Apply
Apply at www.hormeljob.com or apply on a computer at the Fremont Plant Security Guard Building located at 900 South Platte Avenue in Fremont, NE 68025
Hormel Foods has an opening for the Hog Processing Department. Successful candidates will work in our hog processing production facility located in Fremont, Nebraska, and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Hog Processing is a first shift position and works typically from 7 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. with some Saturday work required. The Fremont Plant processes 10,600 hogs per day.
Cut, trim, or clean meat and/or carcasses
Grind meats such as pork
Identify cut or grade of meat
Inspect meat or meat products
Operate food processing production equipment/machinery
Ability to work with a knife
Adjust production equipment/machinery setup
Clean equipment or machinery
Set up production equipment or machinery
Perform repetitive tasks in a processing setting
Use hand or power tools
Some jobs may include specialized slaughtering tasks
· Follow all company rules for food safety and employee safety.
· The ability to perform repetitive hand & wrist motion throughout a shift.
· The ability to lift/push/pull 50+lbs as required throughout the course of a shift.
· The ability to twist and bend the body as necessary to perform job related tasks.
· The ability to kneel/squat/climb as necessary to complete job related tasks.
· The ability to perform grasping & pinching motions to complete job related tasks.
Pork Division base wages start at $15.30 per hour and get $15.65 after (3) months and $16.05 after (6) months.
The Pork Division offers 6 different paygrades.
Working Conditions: The work environment in Hog Processing is a warm environment and in some areas may be exposed to cold temperatures.
Scheduled Hours: A typical work week consists of an 9-9.5 hour daily shift, Monday-Friday with some Saturday work. Please note, the company may require senority based overtime work.